What is the AthElite Youth Basketball League (AYBL)?
- The AthElite Youth Basketball League better known as the AYBL is our ‘HOUSE’ league offered in all over Surrey & North Delta for players who are beginners to intermediate skill level. The AYBL is offered for grades 2-10 boys & girls. Players are divided into teams for each division to play against one another.
How many locations is the AYBL offered?
- We offer the AYBL at 4 different locations in Surrey; Guildford Rec Centre, Cloverdale Rec Centre, South Surrey Rec Centre, & BC PREP (private facility). We also offer the AYBL in North Delta out of the Sungod Recreation Centre.
How do the different divisions work?
- We have different color designated names for each division within the AYBL
- White Division (grades 2-3/ages 7-8)
- Orange Division (grades 4-5/ages 9-10)
- Black Division (grades 6-7/ages 11-12)
- Grey Division (grades 8-10/ages 13-16)
What is the format of the AYBL?
- The AYBL is a FUNdamental house league focused on having fun & learning the basic fundamentals of basketball in a positive environment. League location is offered with 1x hour practice & 1x hour game per week.
Can I make roster/team requests?
- We do accept roster requests on a case by case scenario. Roster/team request can ONLY be made after registering for a location, please email “email@example.com” with your request. Requests are NOT Guaranteed.
Do you offer Boys & Girls Leagues?
- All AYBL locations are listed at Co-Ed but primarily 98% boys. We offered 2 Girls ONLY leagues; Cloverdale Rec Centre-Girls ONLY & BC PREP- Girls ONLY.
Is the Grey Division (grades 8-10) offered at your Rec Centre locations?
- The Grey Division (grades 8-10) boys & girls is ONLY offered at our BC PREP location. All Surrey/Delta Rec Centre locations are ONLY grades 1-7.
Does each team have a designated coach?
- No, each team does not have a designated coach. Our philosophy is on FUN and basic skill development. Practices are run camp style & game days will have 2 Coaches per game acting as Coaches/Referees.
I would like to practice more, what can I do to improve my skills?
- We strongly advise players with passion & focus for basketball to supplement the AYBL with our Training Academy. Sessions are offered 1x or 2x a week at our training facility- BC PREP (15358-67ave). Please see our “TRAINING” tab on our site.
What is the next level after the AYBL?
- Players with high skill level may be identified by AthElite staff to attend Travel Team tryouts. AthElite Travel Team program (REP Teams) is recognized as the premier program in British Columbia. Travel teams begin at the grade 3/4 (u9-10) level all the way up to u17 (grade 11/12s). Tryouts are held 2x a year, once in the Fall (September) and one in the Spring (March). Please visit our “TRAVEL TEAMS” tab on our site for more information. Our Travel Team program has sent players on scholarships in the United States & Canada. (see ALUMNI page).